10 Must-Know Points about Malaria
Below 10 points are very important for everyone to know. These points may make your aware about malaria and help you to prevent the same.
- The word Malaria means Mal – bad and aria – air. In 18th century, people thought malaria occurs due to breathing in bad air in marshy area.
- There are five different parasites that cause malaria in human. But these parasites are transmitted by from one infected persons to another healthy person by mosquito as vector.
- Malaria is also transmitted by blood transfusion, sharing needles and through pregnancy. That is to say, pregnant mothers can transmit malaria to unborn child
- There is a promising vaccine ready.
- Very effective and easy to understand method of detecting malaria is high fever with chills. If found in someone, refer immediately to doctor
- Early diagnosis and prompt treatment is the most effective way to cure malaria
- Malaria, if not treated effectively, may re-occur year after year
- A Good news. Mortality rates are falling since 2000 year
- Malaria breeds in warmer, humid climate and in rainy season mostly.
- Most important is Prevention. Using Bed Nets, vaccine, changing water stored somewhere, using repellant.
How Much You Liked This Post
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: