8 Facts About Obesity You should Know
- Obesity ranks second among preventable causes of death. Number one is smoking including tobacco chewing
- One of the best way to prevent obesity is to eat slowly. It takes the brain 20 minutes to understand that the stomach is full
- more people worldwide suffer from obesity (1.9 billion) than hunger (780 million). Source.
- Obesity and overweight issues are linked to more deaths around the world than underweight issues
- Being fat is not equal to obesity. To declare someone obese, Basal Metabolic Index (BMI) has to be calculated. Our Website has made BMI calculator. You can download it here.
- Obesity is linked to infertility in women.
- Along with diet control, moderate exercise is needed for controlling obesity.
- Join Our Obesity Forum. It can be very helpful if you are in a community discussing obesity management
How Much You Liked This Post
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: