HOW WATERMELON CAN HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT FAST AND ITS OTHER BENEFIT
Watermelon as it name implies contains about 90 percent of water, it is a healthy summer fruit which has low amount of calories with some fiber content in it. It is popularly known that the properties of watermelon are similar to that of cucumber in the sense that they both contain large amount of water, low quantity of calories and are rich in fiber which make them a best fit for those trying to lose weight.
You should always remember that being overweight is not a sign of good living, it is rather a warning that your health is in danger. Aside from the fact that being overweight can make you lose shape, it is generally not healthy for the body well being. Cancers, diabetes, heart diseases are all results of being overweight. In case you are a victim of being overweight and you are looking for a natural method of losing weight to your satisfaction, then you are in the right place as this article will let you know how watermelon can help you lose weight. Firstly let me show you the nutrition value of watermelon below. Wait; are you a fan of cucumber? You can also checkout how cucumber diet actually works for weight loss here.
A 100gram watermelon is known to contain the following below;
- 30 calories
- 2gram of fat
- 6 gram of sugar
- 11 percent of Vitamin A
- 13 percent of Vitamin C
- 2 percent of Magnesium
- 1 percent of Iron
- 3 percent of potassium
- 1 percent of protein
- 2 percent of carbohydrate
- 0 percent of saturated fat, cholesterol, caffeine, calcium ,Vitamin D, and Vitamin B6
Having gone through the nutritional values of water melon, you should know the general health benefits of water melon before we narrow down to the main topic of this article which is using watermelon for the purpose of losing weight.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATERMELON
- It refreshes your body system in the summer which helps greatly in preventing heat stroke.
- It keeps your body hydrated thereby washing away the toxins in your body and also making you illness free.
- It contains nutrients like potassium which goes a long way in flushing out the harmful substance in your kidney just as stated above.
- It contains an anti oxidant popularly known as lycopene which helps in fighting against diseases generally.
- It keeps your heart in a safe condition because of the presence of Vitamin C and Potassium which help in reducing the level of cholesterol present in your body system.
- It helps to maintain healthy eyes and also protects your eyes from degenerating thereby preventing eye defects like blindness and cataract. The presence of nutrients like Vitamin C, Lutein, and Beta – Carotene make these possible to achieve.
- It contains magnesium and potassium which are known to aid the regulation of blood pressure.
I believe by now you are convinced that water melon is a highly nutritious fruit for everybody including those trying to lose weight. So let’s get down to how watermelon can help you lose weight. Below are facts about watermelon which makes your weight loss goal achievable.
- It contains large quantity of water; about 92 percent of a whole water melon is made up water which helps your weight loss goal achievable because consuming fruits with a lot of water content will definitely aid weight loss by flushing the toxins in your body and also control your appetite at the same time. Do you know that when consuming water melon you feel like you are taking in more calories than what you are actually taking?
- It is a low calorie fruit; if you are serious about losing weight then don’t consume any substance high in calories. Watermelon contain low amount of calories which is suitable for those trying to lose weight and on the other hand, it contains some amount of natural sugars which prevents you from longing for sweet substance that are unhealthy for your health.
- It keeps you hydrated thereby reducing your thirst for hunger and also prevents you from eating the wrong way that wont suit your weight loss goal.
- It contains 1.1 gram of fiber which helps to feel full whenever to eat them so as not to eat unhealthy. You should also remember that high fiber foods it aid bowel movement.
I believe with facts above you should start thinking of consuming a whole lot of watermelon in addition to some low calorie foods and probably some exercise. With this I believe you’ve taken a bold step in achieving your weight lose goal. Note that this article is for informational purpose only; you should visit your doctor when necessary.
If you’ve found this useful, remember to use the social share button to let the world know about this and also don’t forget to drop your comments below. I am Tunde Rasheed, a young blogger whose aim is to feed the world with quality and well research posts for informational purpose so as to make the world a better place. You maybe visit my website @ www. .myhealthgist.com.ng for more useful posts like this or send me a mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you
Kindly Rate This Article
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: