Motion Sickness: 10 Best Remedies
Motion sickness is a combination of symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, vertigo, nausea, abdominal discomfort triggered due to motion or visually perceived movement and vestibular system’s sense of bodily movement.
REMEDIES OF MOTION SICKNESS
- Face the direction of the movement. Do not sit facing opposite the direction
- Get some air or AC
- Drink water or carbonated beverages. Do not drink coffee as it dehydrates you and make the thing worse
- Add some distractions like music or play movie in phones
- If you avoid looking the side windows, its better. Try to sit in front and look at the front road, not the side ways.
- Don’t be in empty stomach while moving. Have something before you ride vehicles
- Avoid smelling the fumes or petrol/diesel
- Regular intake of ginger tea will make you better slowly. 550mg of ginger should be taken everyday
- If Motion Sickness goes severe day by day, choose Over-The-Counter Drugs like antihistamines (should not given to kids of below 8 years). Antihistamines may include dimenhydrinate, promethazine, cyclizine, cinnarizine. Scopolamine is also effective and is available in patch form. This patch is specially useful during long journey
- If nothing can do good, refer to a doctor. A general physician will be better for this.
How Much You Liked This Post
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: