Motion Sickness: 10 Best Remedies
Motion sickness is a combination of symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, vertigo, nausea, abdominal discomfort triggered due to motion or visually perceived movement and vestibular system’s sense of bodily movement.
REMEDIES OF MOTION SICKNESS
These are the most effective ways to battle motion sickness. [How to tackle your finger cuts at home]. These are some medical tips to combat nausea or dizziness during a ride in a car.
- Face the direction of the movement. Do not sit facing opposite the direction
- Get some air or AC installed in the car.
- Drink water or carbonated beverages. Do not drink coffee as it dehydrates you and make the thing worse
- Add some distractions like music or play movie in phones. This is called psychological distraction. There is much psychological aspect in inducing motion sickness.
- If you avoid looking the side windows, its better. Try to sit in front and look at the front road, not the side ways.
- Don’t be in empty stomach while moving. Have something before you ride vehicles
- Avoid smelling the fumes or petrol/diesel
- Regular intake of ginger tea will make you better slowly. 550mg of ginger should be taken everyday
- If Motion Sickness goes severe day by day, choose Over-The-Counter Drugs like antihistamines (should not given to kids of below 8 years). Antihistamines may include dimenhydrinate, promethazine, cyclizine, cinnarizine. Scopolamine is also effective and is available in patch form. This patch is specially useful during long journey
- If nothing can do good, refer to a doctor. A general physician will be better for this.
Kindly Rate This Article
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: