Oral Cancer: Causes and Prevention You Must Know
Factors That Causes Oral Cancer
- Premalignant Lesions: Presence of conditions like Oral lichen, oral submucous fibrosis, white patches, red patches, chronic hyperplastic candidiasis, etc from before hand may predispose to oral carcinoma
- Tobacco and Alcohol: Smoking to alcohol may trigger oral cancer. Even tobacco chewing is highly carcinogenic
- Human Papilloma Virus: Particularly HPV-16 infection is very carcinogenic
- Diet deficient in fruits and vegetables
- Long term washing of mouth with alcohol containing Mouth-wash is also a predisposing factor
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Regular dental care, brushing, washing mouth with cold water is desirable and may decrease the chance of oral cancer
- Always check your mouth or whole cavity (Buccal cavity) for lumps, bumps, tender areas, grey/white patches, etc. If found, visit a doctor.
- Replace frying and grilling with baking, boiling or steaming. Use healthy spices like garlic, ginger and curry powder for added flavour.
- Avoid high UV sun exposure for long. Check UV level in any weather app
- Eat foods that prevent cancer. Read This blog to know those foods which causes cancer
How Much You Liked This Post
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: