These 5 Things can Damage Your Liver
Liver is a very important organ in our body. It plays a central role in clearing toxins from our body. Liver also involved in synthesizing several enzymes. It is said that about 900 drugs cause damage to liver to some extent. Below listed some foods, drugs etc which damages Liver…
- Too Much Sugar: It does not mean you can’t eat sugar. This means you should restrict too much sugary all the time. Controlled consumption of sugary food will not cause any problem to your liver. Although sugary foods, as you should know, may contain high calorie.
- Over consumption of Vitamin A: You may be surprised to hear this. But do not interpret wrongly. Vitamin A is very essential to our body like it maintains our vision. If you obtain vitamin A from fruits and vegetables, it is not only harmless but also essential. But with adequate supply of Vitamin A, do not take Vitamin A supplement. Obviously, that you will not damage your liver but may increase load on your liver.
- Acetaminophen (Paracetamol): Paracetamol is taken in many cases including fever, pain, arthritis, headache etc. Although, almost every drugs you take orally, it will be filtered by the liver and then it will be allowed to go to the whole body. Now, specially, this drug make the liver to work more and in turn, liver may get overload and may damage. This may happen if you use Paracetamol for a long time. This damage may become more faster and prominent if you take paracetamol near to 4 grams in one day. It is advisable that Paracetamol must not be taken more than 4 grams per day.
- Trans Fats: Foods like deep fried foods, vegetable oil, fast foods etc may contain or surely contain trans fat.
- Excess Protein: Too much protein without much carbohydrate is again bad for liver. You must balance these two
EXTRA: Others: Many drugs, soda, caffeine, hormonal drugs etc.