Vitamin D: This Can Save You from Many Disease
Vitamin D basically is a fat soluble secosteroids responsible for increasing intestinal absorption of calcium, magnesium, phosphate. Basically it is a prohormone and not a vitamin.
BENEFITS OF VITAMIN D
- Makes Bones Healthy: Prevents osteoporosis (hole in bones).
- Reduce risk of Flu or fever
- Reduce risk of Diabetes: In one study, infants who received 2000 IU per day of Vitamin D had 88% lower risk of developing type 1 diabetes, within their 32 years of age
- Reduces depression. To reduce depression read 8 Things To Do If You Are Depressed
- Boosts weight Loss. Read Why We Become Obese? to Know the causes of obesity.
- Healthy Infants: Low vitamin D in infants are at high risk of asthma, atopic dermatitis, eczema, etc
- Healthy Pregnancy: Vitamin D Deficient pregnant women may be greater risk at pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, bacterial vaginosis, etc
- Helps to Lower Blood Pressure
- Helps to prevent Cancer: Vitamin D influences 200 genes which is affected in its deficiency. To Know which foods can cause cancer, read 8 Most Carcinogenic Foods You Must Know
- Boost Immunity by adding more vegetables and fruits in your diet
FOODS THAT SUPPLIES YOU VITAMIN D
- Common Mushroom: Agaricus bisporus
- Fish Liver oil
- Fishes like salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines
- Cooked egg yolk
- Soy Milk
- Many foods comes with Vitamin D fortification like fortified breakfast meal, fortified milk, etc and therefore, you have to check whether Vitamin D fortification is listed or not.
- Sunlight: Although it is not food but one of the most important natural source of vitamin D. Because Vitamin D is made in the body using sunlight from cholesterol. So, 15- 30 minutes of sunlight exposure is recommended like eating a meal.
Kindly Rate This Article
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: